To support our growth and leverage opportunities to expand our portfolio of capabilities, we are seeking career-focused, goal-oriented individuals who excel at taking initiative, conducting research, communicating with executives, and thinking strategically. We are looking for candidates who are excited to join a successful company of 20 team members (who work as a team and autonomously), where their success is dependent upon their own skills, ambition, and dedication.
Helbling is proud to have earned a strong reputation nationally. From our office in Pittsburgh, we represent many of the country’s leading architecture, engineering, and construction companies; real estate developers; higher education institutions from small private colleges to large state universities, including Ivy League and other prestigious academic entities; renowned hospitals and healthcare systems, and Fortune 100 corporations to recruit senior- and executive-level professionals who are challenging to find and secure. Our clients retain us to identify and secure candidates who have the experience, motivation, and personal and professional capabilities to positively impact their organizations.
Working with Helbling’s senior consultants and Managing Directors, our Executive Search Consultants are primarily responsible for providing support during various aspects of the search process and for helping to source qualified and interested candidates for specific roles within our client organizations.
For each search that is conducted, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with senior Helbling consultants to learn about our client’s organization, including internal company culture, and objectives and challenges associated with the open position.
- Developing a search plan to identify potential candidates who are likely to have the required skillset and experience to succeed in the role.
- Researching, sourcing, and identifying potential candidates using various means (phone calls, referrals, networking, database reports, etc.).
- Discussing the opportunity with potential candidates and asking in-depth and pointed questions to accurately assess their capabilities, potential, and motivations.
- Conducting detailed reference checks on candidates to better understand their experience, strengths, weaknesses, management style, interpersonal skills, etc.
- Preparing documentation on candidates’ backgrounds (resumes, profiles, status reports, references, etc.) to share with the client.
- Maintaining thorough, timely, and accurate notes in the Helbling contact management database to track all search assignment activity.
- Providing candidates and clients with timely feedback and updates on the search status.
- Working closely with senior Helbling consultants and client representatives to ensure that accurate and pertinent information is shared to attract candidates who will be successful long term.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Assisting Helbling team members in conducting research and gathering project-specific information on an as-needed basis.
- Identifying new client leads through conversations with candidates, references, and others.
What we seek in new team members
Our successful Executive Search Consultants, as well as those in other positions, are self-starters, naturally inquisitive, and detail-oriented individuals who are resilient and resourceful. We are a cohesive group of intelligent individuals with strong work ethics, and we focus more on intangible traits than specific technical/professional experiences.
Becoming a valuable member of our team requires:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in an environment that requires frequent and clear communication skills (i.e. inside sales, outside sales, professional services, project management, research, recruiting, human resources).
- Ability and intuitiveness to ask appropriate and targeted questions to assess candidates’ backgrounds, motivations, and interest levels.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to monitor and meet deadlines.
- Well-developed writing skills and thorough proofreading skills. (We will request samples.)
- Excellent listening and communication skills with the ability to develop and build relationships with clients and candidates.
- Ability to view situations from multiple perspectives and select the appropriate response or course of action.
- Ability to think analytically and strategically, and anticipate next steps.
- Desire to work as part of a team to reach common goals.
- High degree of honesty and integrity.
- Entrepreneurial and energetic attitude.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive base salary during the training and development period along with benefits below.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life Insurance
- 401k Profit Sharing Plan
- Beyond the training period, compensation includes a base salary and performance-based merit bonuses.
What it’s like to work with us
The key to any company’s success is its people, and our team is a group of close-knit professionals who have strong work ethics and diverse backgrounds, who like to have fun, and who are committed to serving our clients and solving their challenges. The majority of our team members have been with our company for more than 12 years (see Our Team), and many more than 20, which demonstrates our company’s stability, success, and positive work environment.
To express interest, please send resume and cover letter to:
Tracy Boczkowski via Email.
All qualified applicants for employment with Helbling & Associates, Inc. will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.