Helbling is representing a construction firm in Chicago in conducting an executive search to secure a Vice President of Operations. This role has overall responsibility for all construction operations and provides support with Business Development and Sales.
Operations - Overall responsibility for all construction operations, including:
- Oversees and manages Project Executives.
- Makes project staffing assignments.
- Advises on prime contract negotiations.
- Makes decisions on hiring and firing of all field personnel including Project Executive, General Superintendent, Project Manager, Project Superintendent, Project Engineer, Operations Manager etc.
- Profit and loss on all projects.
- Establishes and enforces policy and procedures for construction operations.
- Establishes development and training needs in collaboration with organizational development function.
- Works closely with Vice President of Preconstruction and Estimating to ensure seamless delivery of services.
- Ensures contract billings and contract receivables are effectively managed.
- Accountable for project quality plans.
- Accountable for project safety plans.
- Subcontractor risk assessment including:
- Subcontract default insurance (SDI)
- Insurance requirements
- Reviews and approves initial schedules on all projects.
- Ensures that the VDC (Virtual Design and Construction) function is used appropriately for project modeling and project pursuit.
- Ensures continuous improvement via implementation of new and current technologies.
- Follows through on any warranty and construction defect issues.
- Claim settlement.
- Attends all Quarterly Reviews.
- Involvement in project bidding and pursuits.
- Ensures that project teams are developing strong Owner and Architect relationships.
Business Development / Sales
- Assists with the development of project pursuit strategies and RFP responses.
- Works closely with Marketing Department and Business Development to obtain project awards.
- Participates in, and helping plan, the project interviewing process.
- Delivers customer satisfaction.
- Achieves 100% customer retention.
[Although not a prerequisite, having the ability to bring customers and project opportunities is a significant value add.]
- Member of the leadership team.
- Facilitates the leadership development of all Project Executives.
- Actively participates in industry organizations.
- Maintains relationships with principals of subcontractors.
- Develops Owner relationships.
- Involvement in strategic planning and initiatives.
- Oversees the following Direct Reports:
- All Project Executives
- Self-Perform Department