Helbling has been retained by a repeat client, a high-end residential construction firm, to conduct an executive search to secure a Project Manager (PM). The PM is responsible for the daily management of all aspects of a project. Duties include financial, schedule, and quality management, as well as the oversight of the project team. They engage day-to-day with owners, architects, engineers, designers, building management, subcontractors, and members of the broader project team.
- Day-to-day financial management of project, including development and approval of the budget, acceptance, and payment by the client, change orders, and corresponding updates. Prepares subcontracts and purchase orders, verifies subcontractor requisitions, and oversees client requisitions.
- Regularly reports to senior management on project status, owner relations, requisitions, and collections.
- Project schedule including development, maintenance/tracking, financial impact, and communication with client/architect, contractors, and project team about any/all changes and necessary approvals, adherence to milestone dates, and impact on budget/manpower needs. Develops trade-by-trade schedule.
- Work scopes and buy-outs including subcontractor review/qualification, subcontract terms, incorporation of schedule into buy-outs, submitting trade awards for approval, maintaining worksheets, and monitoring job cost.
- Assists superintendent with site coordination, including daily site visits, coordination of subcontractors and field personnel, reviewing progress of subcontractors, reviewing drawings and sketches, inspecting pre-fabricated items prior to delivery and after installation, and ensuring highest standards of safety and quality on site.
- Administration of project including review, processing, and maintenance/filing of all construction documents and document logs, and routing items to all relevant parties.
- Leads weekly job site meetings with architect/owner including agenda preparation and post meeting minutes.
- Oversees close-out including punch list, sign-offs, certificate of occupancy, required permits, and final waivers/releases for all subcontractors.