Mount Nittany Health has retained Helbling to conduct an executive search to secure a Chief Facilities Management Officer.
The Chief Facilities Management Officer (CFMO) reports to the President / Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for all Mount Nittany Health System facilities (owned/leased) and capital/operational projects (new and renovation). This includes planning, organizing, and implementing the construction, renovation, maintenance of facilities and equipment systems while maintaining the environment of care per all state, OSHA, and TJC regulations and standards. The CFMO serves as the executive lead for vendors, contractors, agency, etc. as it relates to facilities and projects. The CFMO is responsible for negotiating, managing and monitoring of facility lease agreements for the health system in collaboration with operational partners. The CFMO is accountable for management of capital expenses for projects and all project management functions.
For more details about this opportunity, please view the position profile by clicking on the cover image to the right.
Essential Job Functions
- Establishes departmental mission, goals, and objectives which support those of the organization.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility through the preparation and management of appropriate capital and operational budgets.
- Recruits, selects, trains, supervises, retains, and rewards a professional and supportive workforce that demonstrates and champions the organizational vision, mission, values, work ethic, and competencies.
- Organizes and assigns staff and department activities in order to accomplish established goals and objectives in an effective and efficient manner.
- Maintains and assures staff development and professional competency of department staff through appropriate continuing education and development programs.
- Provides continuous leadership and management in the guidance and instruction of staff toward departmental objectives.
- Develops and administers policies and guidelines in order to accomplish departmental objectives.
- Assures that operational outcomes and results conform to planned objectives.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate and effective intra- and interdepartmental relations and mechanisms of coordination.
- Administers and directs programs to construct and maintain buildings and grounds.
- Ultimately responsible for the successful implementation and maintenance of the Environment of Care management plan.
- Manages the health system’s construction projects.
- Oversees facility inspections.
- Ensures compliance of capital purchases.
- Serves as a member of the Medical Center’s Executive Team.
About Mount Nittany Health
Mount Nittany Health (MNH) provides primary, specialized, emergency, and surgical care to the residents of central Pennsylvania. Every day, Mount Nittany Health employees live out a mission of Healthier People, Stronger Community. Supporting regional and national organizations that share the same vision, Mount Nittany Health is proud to be a leader in efficient, localized, and quality care.
Comprised of Mount Nittany Medical Center, Mount Nittany Health Foundation Mount Nittany Children’s Advocacy Center, and Mount Nittany Physician Group—which features more than 170 providers across 30 specialties in 17 locations—Mount Nittany Health’s aim is to become the region’s most trusted healthcare resource.
State College, PA
Qualifications / Minimum Requirements
- Master’s degree in Business Management, Construction Management, Engineering, or related field preferred. May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education.
- Five years of effective, progressively responsible experience in the construction and maintenance field.
- Three years of additional or concurrent supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must be familiar with specialized trades.
- Proven leadership and management abilities including planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and coordinating multiple work units.
- Possess knowledge of laws, regulations, and rules governing areas of responsibility.
- Possess basic skills to use Microsoft Windows, navigate in a Windows environment, use web browser software and send/receive e-mail via Microsoft Outlook.
- Supervise staff, including regular progress reviews and plans for improvement.
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Exercise a high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
License / Certification / Registration
- Receives minimal supervision from the President / Chief Executive Officer.
- Oversees the activities of the work groups within the Facilities and Plant Operations Department, including maintenance and construction.
Mount Nittany Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.