Moss has retained Helbling to conduct an executive search to secure a Business Unit Controller - Solar Division.
Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, the Business Unit Controller is responsible for all accounting and financial reporting, including recruiting, development, and leadership of accounting staff and maintaining control systems for a dynamic, rapid growth, fast-paced Business Unit with revenues currently at $750M and expected to be in excess of $1B per year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading all business unit accounting, monthly closing, and regular management reporting on an integrated CMiC business system.
- Responsible for the forecasts of the WIP and other income and expenses.
- Supervises complex journal entries and understands their impact on the balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows, and other reports as required by Senior Management.
- Responsible for building accounting team as business grows, including identifying and hiring top quality staff in collaboration with Human Resources and operations leadership.
- Supports Senior Management on development and implementation of financial strategy to support business unit initiatives.
- Recommends/implements new, and/or modifications to, internal control procedures.
- Facilitates and consolidates annual budget and monthly forecasting process.
- Prepares reports, which summarize and forecast company business activity, income, expenses, and balance sheet.
- Collaborates with treasury to support cash management, collections, payments, inventory, and asset custody.
- Identifies and recommends process and systems improvements and best practices within the accounting function and broader company as appropriate.
- Supports special projects as directed by Senior Management.
- Support annual external audit and year-end financial reporting for the business unit.
Moss is a national, privately held construction firm providing innovative solutions resulting in award-winning projects. With regional offices across the United States, Moss focuses on construction management at-risk, design-build, and public-private partnerships with revenues exceeding $1.5B per year and growing. The company’s diverse portfolio encompasses a wide range of sectors, including luxury high-rise residential, landmark mixed-use developments, hospitality, primary and higher education, justice, and solar energy. Moss prides itself on a strong entrepreneurial culture that honors safety, quality, client engagement, and employee development. Its employees consistently rank Moss as one of the best places to work.
Moss’ solar division provides turnkey, self-perform EPC services to premiere utilities and developers in the U.S. With offices in Florida, Texas, California, and Hawaii, Moss is able to provide those services coast to coast. Moss needs you to continue to build on its reputation as a leader and innovation driver in the utility-scale solar industry.
Empower to create the exceptional.
Honor Relationships: Care about the safety, well-being, and success of our families and business partners.
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Embrace opportunities, innovate, and overcome challenges.
Contagious Energy: Work hard, be nice, have fun!
Fort Lauderdale, FL