Helbling is representing a general contractor / engineering firm, in conducting an executive search to secure a Vice President of Finance & Accounting (VP). The VP reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for the finance, budgeting, accounting, systems, analysis, and administrative related activities within the group. The VP will work closely with other members of the management team, business unit heads, and staff to develop strategies and controls that deliver improved operational and financial reporting and performance.
- Budgeting / Forecasting – Lead and direct all financial, operational, and capital planning / budgeting activities. Work with Business Unit Heads to develop short-term and long-term business plans.
- Reporting – Lead and direct all financial reporting including daily, weekly, and monthly reports of operational and financial performance and budget variances. Recommend benchmarking for assessing financial performance.
- Systems – Financial cost accounting system including its full implementation and effective utilization.
- Banking – Banking relationships and compliance with all bank reporting requirements.
- Administrative – Insurance, tax, and audit matters.
- Controls – Implement proper control systems to ensure the accuracy / integrity of all financial and operational data and to ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Cost – Oversee the job cost and project accounting functions and reporting including implementing proper control to ensure the accuracy of such systems.
- Cash Management & Treasury Functions – Responsible for planning, forecasting, and managing company’s cash flow. Other duties as directed or assign Accounting & Finance staff.
- Mergers & Acquisitions – Work with M & A team and establish valuation modeling templates. Lead due diligence process for all M & A activities. Assist in transitioning and implementation processes.
- Light travel required through Northeast, especially in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.