Helbling is representing a significant Midwest general contractor in conducting an executive search to secure a Regional Manager for Western Pennsylvania. This role is a high visibility, high impact position that will directly contribute to the growth and profitability of the business in growing the Pennsylvania market. The initial focus will be to lead and execute the business development initiatives to achieve name recognition, market penetration, and a focused target marketing effort to achieve the company’s short-term business objectives. From a long-term perspective, this candidate is expected to become part of and develop the culture and to demonstrate commitment to the company’s core values by which they do business and expect to extend into the Pennsylvania market. The Regional Manager will work cross-functionally with the leadership team to ensure the combined strategies and plans are supportive of the company’s vision and strategic direction.
The Regional Manager will be responsible for developing and executing the strategy and action plan for all business development initiatives. As a new market, building a deep insight and knowledge of the industry and customer base within the community will be a focal point of this role. This person will build and maintain relationships that result from the development of new business opportunities in the core market segments in which the company already possesses significant expertise. By extension, this role will include regular business development reporting of current and future business development and sales opportunities.
General and Administrative systems are in place and will be implemented and supported in this role. This role will have oversight of project operations in coordination with the corporate Vice President of Operations to confirm that they are meeting and fulfilling contractual and schedule requirements. The Regional Manager will have Profit & Loss responsibilities for the Pennsylvania office and the projects within this market. Business and financial management will be an oversight function of this role, which leads to corporate reporting for monthly project status reporting and quarterly financial reporting to executive leadership.
- Provides strategic guidance and input to the executive leadership team for the business development strategy and execution plans that foster the overall growth objectives for the Pennsylvania office.
- Researches key market segments and industry trends in Pennsylvania to ascertain potential partners to build and expand the business development network that will lead to opportunities two to three years in the future.
- For real business opportunities, develops a genuine insight and knowledge of a customer’s business and proactively convey how the company's experience will bring value to the customer's new venture and aid in the business decision process.
- Builds and maintains valuable trusting relationships and alliances throughout the industry. Broadens the professional network in core markets and expands the geographic reach to new clients and business.
- Networks with contacts in engineering, architectural, and interior design firms, as well as with corporate clients, developers, and key community stakeholders and civic leaders who are on the forefront of future construction growth.
- Collaborates with Business Development and Project Executives to seek out opportunities and develop “Win Strategies” to create and implement pursuits that bring high probability of success.
- Acts as the point person to seek out new opportunities and cultivate the customer relationship that ultimately develops into business opportunities.
- Secures RFQ, RFP, and direct award opportunities through building trusted relationships with clients. Be an innovative contributor to the pursuit team during development of proposals. Collaborates with project executives and the preconstruction pursuit teams to develop the “Winning Proposal”.
- Regional office management includes:
- Office budget responsibility. Oversight and management of monthly invoices; and maintenance of physical office, furnishings, and working systems via business partners.
- Contract management in conjunction with Project Executives and Project Managers for all Pennsylvania projects.
- Coordination and planning for Project Managers and Superintendents in collaboration with Corporate Vice President of Operations.
- Coordination with the preconstruction group to schedule bid pursuits, RFP proposal pursuits, and ancillary support work to develop the proposal.
- Financial reporting to executive leadership for Pennsylvania-based projects with support from Project Executives and Project Managers.
- Operational reporting to executive leadership for Pennsylvania based projects with support of Project Executives and Project Managers.
- Executive leadership and oversight during any conflict resolution situations with subcontractors, architects, or customers.
- Provides inspirational and morale leadership through actions and provide organizational leadership any time the team or a project requires guidance.