Helbling is representing an electrical contractor in Pittsburgh in conducting an executive search to secure a Project Manager (PM). This role has the ultimate responsibility for all assigned accounts. Additionally, the PM must accept the final responsibility and accountability for the execution of all project contracts as assigned. These tasks are to be carried out at the lowest cost consistent with contract requirements and good business practices.
- Be responsible and accountable for safety and safety leader on all managed projects.
- Ensures that jobsite safety is a priority.
- Assists the company Safety Director in the implementation and enforcement of Safety Programs on all managed projects.
- Demonstrates and emphasizes the importance of good safety practices.
- Conducts site safety audits.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for assigned accounts.
- Maintains consistent customer contact and communication ensuring long-term customer/account satisfaction.
- Evaluates bidding and negotiating opportunities of assigned accounts in conjunction with Director ESG and Vice President of Business Development.
- Takes profit and loss responsibility for assigned accounts.
- Maintains effective communications with appropriate personnel, keeping them informed of all aspects relevant to the duties to which they have been assigned.
- Advises the Director of ESG of any significant problems encountered, along with recommended solutions.
- Acts as safety leader on all projects managed.
- Manages projects in accordance with company procedures and policies.
- Project set-up.
- Budgeting (material and labor).
- Scheduling (construction, material, labor, cash).
- Schedule of values (billing, cash flow).
- Project documents (permits, bonds, insurance).
- Prepares accurate cost projection (buyouts/overruns).
- Monitors and prepares dispute/claim avoidance.
- Understands key or critical contract terms.
- Prepares change order quotations.
- Defines change order quoting, material pricing, laboring, and markup/job default.
- Maintains positive cash flow position through appropriate billings and collections.
- Staffs and/or manages project with backup capabilities.
- Visits project sites routinely.
- Attends project meetings.
- Project Closeout (punchlist, sign off, final billing, retainage, warranty, returns; closes purchase orders, record, documents).
- Directs project close-out meetings.
- Ensures appropriate safety programs are initiated.
- Takes a proactive approach to project planning in order to maximize profit opportunities.
- Reviews plans and specifications.
- Reviews estimate.
- Directs project hand-off and kick-off meetings.
- Re-engineers projects.
- Capitalizes on pre-fabrication opportunities.
- Assumes complete responsibility for the timely procurement and delivery of appropriate materials to the project while achieving the project material budget.
- Reviews plans and specifications.
- Reviews quotations and bill of material.
- Evaluates installed cost (material cost and installation vs. budget).
- Prepares purchase orders (packages, bulk buys, and subcontracts).
- Plans material deliveries.
- Reviews and processes shop drawings.
- Issues material releases.
- Monitors material use (quantity, installation).
- Monitors material/subcontract (invoicing and payment).
- Expedites material delivery.
- Maintains follow up system to assure material delivery.
- Arranges for returns of extra material.
- Requests and processes Operations & Maintenance manuals.
- Monitors and enforces corporate safety policies.
- Assumes complete responsibility for project labor and productivity to achieve the project labor budget.
- Arranges for the selection and placement of key supervisory personnel with the Director of ESG.
- Evaluates the performance of key supervisory personnel in conjunction with the Director of ESG.
- Assists and supports the project foreman and required to promote the most cost-effective installation.
- Monitors project labor productivity and budgets. Takes appropriate action on a timely basis.
- Maintains material files (purchase orders, memos, quotes, shop drawings, and test reports).
- Monitors field record drawings.
- Accumulates and prepares records (Operations & Maintenance manuals, as-builts, close-outs).
- Participates fully in all corporate and other training as required.
- Oversees work and actions of all direct reports to ensure that the responsibilities listed in their job descriptions are completed in a timely and satisfactory manner, including assurance of accuracy.
- Conducts performance management reviews with all direct reports in accordance with the corporate performance management system.
- Assumes additional tasks that are assigned by the manager or which are logically inherent to the role.
- Ensures that all duties and those of team members reporting to the role are carried out in compliance with company stated mission, vision, values, safety standards, and policies and procedures.
- Works with manager to identify "critical path activities" and, when directed, prepares documentation of the major processes required to accomplish these activities and submit to manager for final approval. Once approved, ensures that other staff members, as identified by manager, understand the process and can provide adequate backup for these "critical path activities".
- Reviews documentation on an annual basis and makes necessary adjustments to reflect current processes.
- Communicates information concerning operations to the Director of ESG and other managers so that all parties have a full understanding of overall corporate operations.
- Activity pursues and generates business opportunities and cultivates relationships with both existing and potential customers, while ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
- Maintains vendor relationships that enhance and protect the company's position while working within both the company's policies and the current legal standards. This includes taking necessary precautions to avoid situations that could be construed as a conflict of interest or that could be deemed to be sufficient to unduly influence the employee's ability to make prudent decisions that are in the best interest of the company.
- Be willing to work whatever hours are necessary to ensure that job duties are performed completely and accurately.