Bulley & Andrews has retained Helbling to conduct an executive to secure a Project Executive.
The Nashville Project Executive is responsible for the daily management of all aspects of key company projects including planning, directing, and coordinating. This includes establishing and effectively maintaining the relationships with both the Client and the Architect. Additionally, the Nashville Project Executive is responsible for business development, overall project execution, administration, and profit and loss. Responsibilities also include the health and growth of the division per guidelines set forth by the Vice President and Executive team.
- Provides day to day project leadership to ensure client satisfaction; compliance with all quality and safety standards.
- Involved in business development and the marketing of the company to existing and prospective clients, including participation in RFP process, estimating efforts, logistics planning, and interview efforts for potential projects.
- Responsible for day to day financial management of a project.
- Prepares subcontract scope, contracts, and purchase agreements.
- Ensures adherence to payment terms of contract.
- Responsible for CMIC management.
- Responsible for reporting to the Vice President and/or Executive Team on a regular basis with information on project status—including schedule, changes, quality control, budget—owner relations, architect relations, requisitions, and receivables.
- Responsible for overall project schedule including its development, maintenance and tracking, updates and changes, and obtaining necessary approvals; ensuring adherence to milestone dates and managing impact on budget and manpower needs.
- Works closely with Superintendent regarding all field-related issues including daily/weekly site visits as project dictates, coordination of subcontractors and field personnel, reviewing progress of subcontractors and suppliers on site and off, reviewing drawings and sketches, inspecting pre-fabricated items and materials prior to delivery and after installation, and ensuring highest standards of safety and quality on site at all times.
- Responsible for reviewing work orders, and changes to a project.
- Responsible for conducting weekly job site meetings with owner/owners’ representative and architect including preparation of agenda, minutes, and project reports.
- Responsible for overseeing close-out including preparation of punch list, securing sign-offs, and certificate of occupancy (where required); filing all required permits, and assisting project biller in obtaining final waivers.
- Responsible for document control procedures and maintenance, either directly or overseeing subordinate efforts, including organization of contract documents, RFI’s, submittals, OAC meeting, closeout, pay application process, etc.
- Will serve as a mentor to others including Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager, and Project Engineer and will have an active leadership role in their growth and development.
Strategy & Leadership
- Responsible for the financial health and well-being of each project under his / her control including ensuring maintenance of project budgets and tracking project expenditures against budget.
- Responsible for fiscal planning including reporting, tracking, and strategic planning in conjunction with the VP & CFO.
- Signs-off on all Contract Change Orders within guidelines.
- Tracks project expenditures against budgets and cash flow projections to verify location on schedule timeline.
- Communicates on a regular basis with VP regarding information on client relations, billings, and collections.
- Responsible for financial oversight of subcontractor payments and payouts.
- Company Ambassador: Develops and nurtures positive public relations in the Construction, Architecture, and local divisional communities. Strives for continuous self-improvement, civic mindedness, and learning through continuing education, industry seminars, community involvement, et cetera. Participates in Company activities and initiatives. Participates in a champion group (LEED, Lean, Virtual construction, other training).
- Business Development: Actively pursues the development of new projects within the existing group of Architects, Clients, Designers, and others. Pursues other new leads for the Company. Builds and maintains strong client relations.
Skills, Abilities, & Qualities
- Effective Communicator
- Ability to Nurture and Expand Key Accounts
- Strong Leadership Abilities
- Project Management Expertise
- Strategic Awareness
Located in Nashville, TN
Founded in 1891, Bulley & Andrews is one of the Midwest's most trusted and accomplished construction firms. As a family-owned firm, Bulley & Andrews offers clients a full range of construction services including general contracting, construction management, design / build, and masonry and concrete restoration. With offices in Chicago and Nashville, our work has a regional focus and includes new construction, renovation, and restoration projects in nearly every building market.
Bulley & Andrews' commitment to client service, technical expertise and strong partnerships within the subcontractor community are fundamental to our success. Trust, dedication and stewardship have been guiding principles for our business from the beginning and have earned us a reputation for exceeding our clients' expectations.