Helbling is representing a repeat client, a major international real estate developer, in conducting an executive search to secure a Director/Project Executive for its San Francisco office.
The Director/Project Executive will be a key member of the design and construction team during a period of growth. He/she will work closely with senior executives across multiple business functions, including Leasing, Acquisitions, Asset Management, and Property Management. The position is an excellent opportunity to be a driving force in several significant, ongoing, and imminent development projects in the San Francisco market.
The Director/Project Executive is responsible for leading and facilitating all aspects of the design and construction process for any given project(s), and for building out the project on time, on budget and within pre-established quality parameters.
- Manage the coordination of architectural and engineering disciplines as well as the functions of estimating, budgeting, contracting, scheduling, biding, negotiating, purchasing, and value engineering.
- Substantially interface with architects, engineers, contractors, municipal officials, financial institutions, and all other necessary for the implementation of design and construction.
- Through the Construction Manager, direct the bidding and purchasing of major components.
- Provide input to the origination of development, construction, and design concepts during pre-development stages for future assigned projects.
- Provide input into the process of selection of all design consultants and other professionals.
- Provide specific leadership, motivation, direction, and control to the Construction Manager and the construction team to include architects, engineers, and the trades.
- Provide the leadership to the pre-construction and actual construction process to assure that all development, from a construction point-of-view, is completed on time, on budget and within pre-determined standards of quality.
- Provide direction, create performance objectives, development plans, and conduct performance reviews for direct reports.
- Monitor project construction activities relating to scheduling, quality, costs, design, and construction methodology, as well as assist in the selection and recommendation of trades and purchase of major building materials and components through the Construction Manager.
- Create and monitor control systems for cost estimates, budgets, schedule, contractor draws, change orders, quality control, value engineering, progress reports, and variance analyses.
- Maintain substantial interface relationships with clients, client consultants, and other functions.
- Coordinate the construction process with marketing and asset management.
- Maintain substantial interface relationships with financing, accounting, leasing, legal, and development departments.
- Identify, evaluate, and disseminate new construction technology, in addition to providing the total leadership to the process of value engineering.