A premier international consulting firm has retained Helbling to conduct an executive search to secure a Managing Director, Diagnostics Group. Reporting to the Executive Director of the national Diagnostics Group, the Managing Director will work with a team of engineers and consultants on a variety of evaluation / forensics / restoration / building performance projects, including the pursuit, design, and production of restoration or forensic opinion reports. Due to the firm’s research of the region, New York City has been identified as a growth market for the practice. The position will provide an opportunity for an established leader to build a practice with the support of a large national firm.
Essential Job Functions
- Utilize established relationships with those in the New York City marketplace for the purpose of growing the firm’s structural diagnostic practice.
- Be able to demonstrate strong project management skills with the ability to create, build, and maintain client relationships on diagnostics, analysis, forensics, and restoration projects. This may include, but not be limited to, preparing reports, construction documents, construction administration for restoration, renovation, and rehabilitation of commercial structures and complexes such as arenas, stadiums, convention centers, office facilities, industrial facilities, hospital complexes, parking structures, and building enclosures.
- Management, development, and direction of the diagnostics team in the New York office.
- Working with the Executive Director and Practice Area leaders to develop an annual business development plan for the office.
- In concert with the Executive Director and Director of Operations, assist with the staff growth by adding Graduate Engineers, Engineers, and other members of the team as needs arise.
- Provide leadership within the Diagnostics Group. Provide coaching and guidance to Diagnostics team in general and specifically the New York team.
- Work with the New York team and Diagnostics leadership to achieve a fast-paced growth for Diagnostics in the New York market, as well as, work towards our firm’s overall strategic initiatives.