Helbling is representing a repeat client, a specialty contractor, in conducting an executive search to secure an Executive Vice President, Civil Business Unit (EVP). This role:
- Maintains operational metrics and P/L responsibility for Civil Business Unit;
- Ensures that the strategy and vision are reflected in the Civil Business Unit at all locations;
- Drives the existing core business and market sectors, and seeks and identifies growth strategies for all locations;
- Serves as an advisor to the President and Executive Management Team on matters relating to Civil Business Unit and how the unit supports corporate growth and continued development;
- Drives best industry practice in each department while ensuring that all market sectors and locations work collaboratively among the Business Unit.
- Collaborates with the Head of Strategy and Growth to initiate and drive inorganic and organic growth opportunities across the Water and Gas market sectors in New Jersey and Pennsylvania in conjunction with the President and the Executive Management Team.
- Collaborates with the Head of Strategy and Growth to initiate and drive inorganic and organic growth opportunities across the nation in conjunction with the President and the Executive Management Team.
- Serves existing clients by ensuring quality, timeliness and safety in all projects.
- Continuously seeks and implements innovation and industry best practices for the performance of all services and work. Envisions and develops corporate, individual company, and individual market sector geographic strategies based on input from the President and the Executive Management Team.
- Runs the Civil Business Unit.
- Collaborates with the Head of Strategy and Growth and the Head of Shared Services in support of the President and Executive Management Team Lead, and develop the heads of each market sector and geography and ensure succession plans are in place for Civil Business Unit.
- Develops and implements performance management and associated KPIs for each market sector and geography.
- Communicates and meets with industry leaders, trade associations, clients, and potential clients to ensure CMS is continuously implemented and maintained.
- Exercises authority and approves decisions on all Business Group matters as per Master Delegation of Authority.
- Effectively leads a team of senior professionals by developing talent and cultivating a high performance culture. Mentors, coaches, develops, and motivates direct reports and, when required, selects L2 and L3 managers.
- Serves as a role model to employees by living company values and displaying the leadership behavior.
Communications & Working Relationships
- Internal - President, Executive Management Team, Head of Strategy and Growth, and the Heads of Shared Services.
- External - Clients, potential clients, industry trade associations, stakeholders, and suppliers.