Westridge School is an independent day school for college-bound girls located in Pasadena, California. Westridge has retained us to conduct an executive search to secure a Director of Facilities.
- Oversees the maintenance of 12 buildings (120,000 SF) and related systems, including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, alarm, heating, solar, and air conditioning systems.
- Oversees and directs the maintenance of all landscaping, gardens and grounds, including but not limited to athletic facilities, fields, and parking areas.
- Effectively acts as construction and/or project manager on all facility projects, including major construction and renovation projects of the school.
- Creates and maintains a long-term plan for renovations and replacement of buildings and infrastructures.
- Assumes the leadership role for all matters pertaining to school security, including chairing the Safety Committee and leading the Crisis Management Team.
- Assures compliance with OSHA, fire, city, state, and other governmental agencies’ regulations related to buildings and property ownership, as well as with the school’s standards and policies.
- Oversees the annual updating and implementation of the Emergency Manual.
- Engages in necessary inspections with government representatives and other parties regarding facility requirements and codes.
- Manages, guides, and evaluates performance of all department staff.
- Oversees event set-up including department staffing for numerous performances, activities, and special events held on campus.
- Establishes and maintains a customer service-oriented focus on quality, integrity, time, and cost-consciousness.
- Establishes and oversees a preventative maintenance plan and schedule staff accordingly to ensure a safe, efficient and attractive campus.
- Exercises responsible stewardship of school’s funds and fundamental budget requirements of the department. Reconciles monthly accounting records with budgets and provide estimates of costs to complete for CFOO and Board of Trustee reports.
- Prepares and submits proposed multi-year operating and capital expenditure plans and budgets.
- Attends Asset Management Committee meetings and other meetings as assigned by CFOO.
Founded in 1913, the school has an enrollment of approximately 500 girls in grades 4 through 12 and has a long-standing reputation for the excellence of its academic program. Westridge is committed to educating intellectually adventurous thinkers, and courageous, compassionate leaders. Westridge is a vibrant and diverse community that is grounded in the commitment to goodness in all aspects of life and learning. Students are encouraged to learn and thrive in new ways, to try new things, and to be resilient. At Westridge, girls gain the confidence and courage to stand up and speak for the ideals of responsibility and integrity as they take their places in an ever-changing world.
Located in an idyllic setting containing ample green space, Westridge’s nine-acre campus is home to historic buildings from the early 1900’s as well as a modern, Platinum-level LEED certified science building. Westridge is seeking an experienced Director of Facilities to oversee and manage the Facilities Department. The Westridge Facilities Department includes a four-person Maintenance Team, a four-person Safety and Security Team, as well as janitorial staff and outside vendors. Reporting to the Chief Finance and Operations Officer, the Director is responsible for the overall fiscal and administrative management of the Facilities Department including capital projects.