CBI Workplace Solutions has retained Helbling to conduct an executive search to secure a Director of Business Development for its South Florida location. This role is due to continued growth, and CBI is looking for a dedicated and ambitious individual to join the organization and become a integral player in the growth of the South Florida market. The Director of Business Development is responsible for establishing themselves as a trusted advisor and consultative partner to CBI’s clients and coalition.
Reporting to the General Manager and supported by the Chief Strategy Officer, this person will identify, strategically pursue, and build new business relationships in order to gain market share and successfully close business deals. The Director of Business Development must become knowledgeable and capable of communicating CBI’s value proposition across all of CBI’s divisions, which include Workplace Consulting, Interior Construction, and Furniture Solutions and connecting it in a compelling way to the client’s needs.
This opportunity allows for a driven team player to become a CBI Market Leader in the geography and learn from the best to provide clients with strategic, lasting products and services. As CBI continues to expand, they are excited to bring on a Director of Business Development to collaborate and strategize with company leaders to continually grow the South Florida region and make CBI a name to remember in the workplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Comfortably make cold and warm calls to end users and coalition partners to identify and develop new leads.
- Evaluate a market to develop, and execute the strategy and business plan.
- Collaborate with C-suite executives with an understanding of the steps and requirements to navigate multi-million dollar deals.
- Continually nurture business relationships to gain new deals and create new opportunities.
- Responsible for the health and relationships of the coalition partners internally and within the region.
- Recognize the nuances of interactions, as well as the personalities and relationships in solution selling.
- Work closely with internal team to develop and create plans that meet client’s needs.
- Tactically sell the solution of CBI’s strategy to lead the area in new growth.
About CBI Workplace Solutions
CBI Workplace Solutions is a premier interior solutions provider that offers workplace strategy and consulting, interior construction, and furniture solutions to a wide range of clients including higher education institutions, corporations, and healthcare facilities. Founded in 1993 and headquartered in Charlotte, CBI has 10 offices located in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Florida. They are the exclusive Knoll dealer in the southeast, the 3rd largest dealership in the country, and partner with DIRTT Environmental Solutions (DIRTT) to provide clients with top of the line design layouts and industry-specific furniture that meets all needs of the interior space.
“We believe that good design is good business. We believe the workplace matters and that the built environment, when leveraged correctly, can have a profound, positive effect on people, process, and our clients’ business.”