Helbling is representing a global engineering firm in conducting an executive search to secure a Director of Administrative Services (Director) who will serve as a member of the firm’s leadership team. This senior position is responsible for leading the development, strategy, and sustainability of the firm’s administrative functions. The Director leads the decision making and improvement, and is responsible for aligning, planning, budgeting, assessment, and analytics to support achievement of administrative goals. In collaboration with the Co-Presidents, the Director leads the development of the firm’s strategy and long-term administrative plan. Working with the senior leadership team and other key members of the firm, the Director develops operational plans, and organizational systems and processes to achieve the strategy and evaluation of progress on key goals. The Director also leads cross-functional firm initiatives, assuring implementation, monitoring progress, and facilitating change as needed.
Essential Duties and Tasks
- Directly oversees and provides leadership to the firm’s administrative functions, including the Human Resources, Information Technology, Facilities, and be a significant contributor to ERP acquisition, adoption, and integration.
- In collaboration with the Co-Presidents and appropriate constituents, develops corporate strategy that will assure the firm’s viability and promote competitive advantage.
- Leads development, implementation, and ongoing monitoring of a system of integrated planning, assessment, and evaluation across the firm to include research and analysis, environmental scanning, peer comparisons, monitoring of key trends, KPIs, and reporting on progress of strategic initiatives to firm leadership.
- Collaboratively leads the alignment of budgeting and operational practices with the firm’s strategy, planning, and key priorities for the various administrative departments.
- Acts as a liaison between the administrative functions to promote and assure that administrative and support service operations are integrated and that cross-functional initiatives and collaborations are smoothly carried out.
- Identifies key initiatives and goals that are effective and those that need improvement, and makes the appropriate recommendations.
- Proactively identifies, researches, and offers solutions or innovations that address the firm’s goals and challenges to seek ways to improve organizational systems and processes within the various departments.
- Provides advice to the Co-Presidents on strategy, planning, policy formation, strategic initiatives, and firm improvement.
- Collaborates with senior leadership, including Geographic Managing Directors, as well as Global Practice Area Directors so as to tailor corporate services to business priorities.
- Develops and maintains key internal and external strategic partnerships.
- Leads cross-functional teams to achieve firm objectives and facilitate change.
- Oversees and manages departments and personnel conducting strategic planning, assessment, evaluation, and business intelligence.
- Manages, mentors, trains, and helps to evaluate staff.
- Consults with administrative divisions in developing appropriate goals, plans, and assessments.
- Oversees and assures accurate and timely reporting to external constituencies and maintenance of data systems where necessary.
- Leads and serves on a variety of firm committees and task forces when needed.
- Keeps current on industry trends, local and federal laws, and regulatory changes.
- Represents the firm in areas of expertise and responsibility to internal and external stakeholders as requested.