Luminis Health has retained Helbling & Associates to conduct an executive search to retain a Director – Facilities at Doctors Community Medical Center.
The Director – Facilities is responsible for the strategic direction, organization, planning, leadership, and control of department-level human resources and assets. Such efforts help to maintain a safe and comfortable physical environment for hospital staff, patients, and the general public. Standards for the environment are established by hospital policy as well as local, state, and federal requirements. The Director or designee will also serve as the Project Director during construction projects, renovation projects, and equipment installations.
The Director is responsible for facility leadership regarding operational administration and the management of the physical plant for the organization, operational budgets, tactical plans and policies, and regulatory compliance. The Director is also responsible for establishing productive working relationships with applicable inpatient, outpatient, and ancillary departments.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop a vision for the department that is shared by management and staff members. Lead or support project planning, infrastructure functional programming, construction quality control, renovation processes, major equipment purchases, and project commissioning. Encourage, evaluate, and champion these initiatives while minimizing risk.
- Develop operating plans to assure efficiency and minimize down times. Support planning activities for new facilities or redesign of present areas, integrating departmental participation, and articulating organizational requirements among employees and consultants to maintain project schedules.
- Develop, manage, forecast, and track operational and capital budgets to efficiently and effectively ensure all projects meet functional, financial, organizational, and life-cycle goals and expectations.
- Develop and implement extensive preventive maintenance (PM), electrical safety, gas safety, and work order programs that meet guidelines, codes, or other requirements; monitor and track progress; and promptly schedule PM.
- Develop and nurture upward, lateral, and downward relationships that support the organization’s culture of respect, inclusion, service, and excellence while furthering a culture of safety, transparency and open communication among all stakeholders, including inspectors, contractors, employees, and patients among others.
- Develop and maintain the ongoing education of department employees to ensure timely renewal or issuance of certifications, training, etc. Mentor and teach department employees while serving as a role model for leadership, accountability and teamwork.
- Maintain and elevate the hospital’s preparedness for The Joint Commission, Office of Health Care Quality and other regulatory agencies’ visits through code compliance, environmental safety, disaster preparedness and routine operations/maintenance of the physical plant.
- Provide space administration for the hospital’s main and north buildings for clinical and general use.
- Serve on the Environment of Care Committee and Emergency Preparedness Committee, attend Leadership Meetings, and join other collaborative groups to further the organization’s vision and mission.
About Luminis Health & Doctors Community Medical Center
Formed in 2019, Luminis Health was established through the merger of Doctors Community Medical Center and Anne Arundel Medical Center to provide comprehensive medical and surgical services throughout Prince George’s and Anne Arundel counties. Luminis Health has more than 611 licensed beds, handles more than 150,000 annual emergency visits, and employs more than 1,800 medical staff with more than 6,400 total employees.
Doctors Community Medical Center is located in Lanham, Maryland and was originally founded in 1975. The medical campus encompasses 37 acres, and its buildings equate to more than 1.2 million square feet of developed space. The medical center is entering a period of significant growth and expects major capital investment and upgrades to its existing facilities over the next five years. Doctors Community Medical Center has a deep commitment to advancing health care in the county and region, and its core values are safety, excellence, respect, vision, innovation, compassion, and everyone.
- Luminis Health – Doctors Community Medical Center Website: dchweb.org