Helbling has been retained by a prominent real estate developer to secure a Director of Construction who will lead a significant mixed-use commercial development in the city.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Oversees all construction-related aspects of the project.
- Advises project team on all constructability and cost implications of design decisions, and serves as the construction lead on all pre-development and development activities, from design development, bidding and budget management, construction, schedule development and tracking, tenant coordination, and project completion to closeout and turnover.
- Manages the architecture and egineering consultant team and the development of project design documents, and budget and schedule estimates; and manages the process to obtain any necessary approvals from internal and external sources.
- Ensures that the bidding and awarding of all contracts is performed and documented as being undertaken in a manner consistent with ICAP requirements.
- Oversees the preparation, negotiation, and administration of construction contracts; conducts construction job inspections; reviews and approves requisitions; monitors quality control; and manages contractors and suppliers.
- Updates overall project budgets regularly, and provides updates to executive management of all anticipated budget modifications.
- Actively participates in all project meetings advising on all construction related issues.
- Assists in preparing monthly development status reports for internal and external reporting.
- Assists in the review and development of various legal agreements required to support the project.
- Obtains and/or verifies proper entitlements and building construction permits, and governmental approvals.
- Leads and mentors more junior members of the construction and project team to assist in developing the company’s in-house professionals into future project leaders.
- Actively participates as a member of the company’s growing development and construction team.