Helbling has been retained by a repeat client, a high-end residential builder, to conduct an executive search for a Project Manager - Service & Small Projects. This person will own a core group of clients within the Service & Small Projects team and is responsible for building and maintaining client relationships, and daily management of all aspects of client work activities.
- Develops, reviews, and updates small project scope of work budgets and proposals; assesses subcontractor and vendor proposals; ensures client has signed scope of work agreements and deposit has been received; keeps client informed of all changes; prepares subcontracts and purchase orders; approves invoices for payment; and develops and approves client requisitions.
- Ensures that all team members, including but not limited to the field superintendent, subcontractors, and vendors are performing assigned tasks within the dates/milestones in the project schedules and daily work orders.
- Manages administrative aspects of each client project including preparing work orders, purchase orders, and subcontracts for all field labor and subcontractor/vendor work; ensures creation of corresponding commitments in Timberline; and collects daily field work and purchase orders.
- Manages performance of service field superintendents and other labor, and coordinates and manages subcontractors' and vendors' on-site activities in conjunction with superintendents.
- Reviews and maintains construction drawings, sketches and specifications; and maintains an accurate log of same. Processes all shop drawings and other forms of approvals including cuts, samples, etc.
- Coordinates with the shop for any/all required labor and material resources. Ensures shop labor and material costs are accounted for and included in client billings.
- Prepares Service & Small Projects Daily and Weekly Management reports and maintains an accurate journal of daily activities for summary in weekly time reporting documentation and for client billing.
- Provides on-call coverage, on a monthly rotating basis, to respond to client emergencies outside normal business hours and coordinates appropriate response with superintendents and field labor.