Helbling is representing a long-term client, a general contractor / engineering firm, as well as a provider of consulting and project management services, to customers in the Northeast, in conducting an executive search to secure a Chief Operating Officer.
The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for setting and driving organizational vision and operational strategy. The role ensures that both are translated into actionable goals for company performance and growth across all the Civil Divisions. The COO has the highest level of accountability for company culture and financial targets.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop talent and cultivate a respectful, high-performance culture. Mentor, coach, develop, and motivate direct reports and their teams to drive high team member satisfaction levels.
- Serve as a role model to employees by living the company code and ensuring the company provides an exceptional work environment.
- Ensure succession plans are in place through all levels of Civil Business unit.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop business unit and divisional strategies with operational initiatives. Responsible for the organization to effectively deliver on the following:
- Extend and Defend the Core Business
- Expand and Enhance Products and Services
- Acquisition and Integration
- Margin Expansion
- Efficiency and Process
- People and Culture
- Deliver What Customers Want
- Continuously seek and implement innovation and industry best practices.
- Enterprise, Business Unit, and Divisional strategic plans. Effectively manage and further develop departmental leads to maximize results for the business.
- Effectively utilize performance management, and establish associated KPIs for each market sector and geography.
- Oversee all the financial aspects of the Division and maintain awareness of both external and internal opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, vendor relationships, new developments, and standards.
This position may require travel, up to 50%. Travel will primarily be day-travel in the Northeastern United States, with an as-needed overnight travel requirement.