Helbling is representing a repeat client, a global MEP consulting engineering firm, in conducting an executive search for an Associate Practice Area Director for its Los Angeles office.
Position Summary / Essential Job Functions
Our client is currently seeking a performance driven, highly motivated leader to collaborate with its national healthcare leadership team with the opportunity to grow into and oversee its regional healthcare practice. This is an exciting opportunity to expand on a well-established healthcare practice area rich in legacy with existing clients and innovative projects.
In this high-level role, the Associate Practice Area Director will provide management review and oversight of the regional healthcare team, including development of business plans and target pursuits and executing a wide variety of healthcare projects, organizational structures, and processes. This role will report to the current national healthcare leader.
The company's dynamic work environment provides the optimal setting to take one’s professional consulting career to the next level. From its supportive culture, diverse workforce, the latest hardware / software, and competitive compensation to flexible work schedules and fun social events, it is everything one would need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career. As a management owned private entity, the firm seeks to reward their key leaders with ownership opportunities to drive overall performance and recognition.
As an Associate Practice Area Director, the successful candidate will build a staff, coordinate the execution of all healthcare activities in their region, and maintain client satisfaction. He/she will generate new revenue and increase existing revenue streams within the healthcare market. He/she will stay externally focused on developing and deepening their network of prospective clients and business partners, including architects and PM / CM firms, as well as key general contractors. He/she will track leads for major pursuits, forecast a pipeline of projects, and develop winning strategies and teams.
- Stay abreast of the dynamic healthcare market both regionally and nationally, and keep key team members at the technical forefront of this practice area.
- Develop an appropriate network within the company to facilitate identification and sharing of relevant information among the national team for staffing and project pursuits.
- Focus on ensuring technical excellence of project delivery and providing expert resolution of issues.
- Develop, review, and coordinate the regional practice area business plan in conjunction with the national healthcare plan, including coordinating the business plan with other practice areas, geographies, and services.
- Coordinate goals with other members of the national team to help execute business plan.
- Develop strategies and tactics to explore and penetrate new clients to increase national sales and higher margin work.
- Oversee project financials and interoffice / client reporting structure.
- Work towards revenue generation goal of $1M to $3M (annual average for two years).
- Develop and articulate the firm’s value proposition in the market segment to develop market distinction.
- Lead and / or support sales presentations while focusing on selling integrated services.
- Be an active leader and problem solver guiding their team and their partners to successfully deliver exceptional healthcare projects.
- Write articles and white papers, and speak at industry conferences and events.
- Strategic recruitment of senior staff with market specific experience, and provide leadership to newly hired direct reports.